Today, the Latin radio chart monitoring service, MonitorLATINO, announced the nominees across ten (10) categories for upcoming annual Deezer Monitor Music Awards. This year, Latin GRAMMY® winners Camilo and Christian Nodal, and Colombian Reggeaton queen Karol G are among this year’s nominees.
Nominees for the second annual Deezer Monitor Music Awards are chosen based on MonitorLATINO’s Latin chart, which defines the Top 5 most listened to songs and artists, during the period of November 2020 to July 2021. The list of nominations include:
“Best pop song – Male”
- Nominee(s): “Favorito” by Camilo, “Vida de Rico” by Camillo, “Miedito o Que” by Ovy on the Drum featuring Danny Ocean & Karol G, “Chica Ideal” by Sebastian Yatra featuring Guaynaa and WILL.I.AM, and “Tan Enamorado” by CNCO.
“Best pop song – Female”
- Nominee(s): “Telepatia” by Kali Uchis, “No Bailes Sola” by Danna Paola featuring Sebastian Yatra, “Pa Ti” by Jennifer Lopez featuring Maluma, “Me Gusta” by Anitta featuring Cardi B and Myke Towers, and “Un Beso en Madrid” by TINI featuring Alejandro Sanz.
“Best Tropical Song”
- Nominee(s): “Ella ya me olvido (Remix)” by Kalimete featuring Omega, “De Vuelta pa la Vuelta” by Daddy Yankee featuring Marc Anthony, “Llamame” by Raymix, “Bebe” by Camilo featuring El Alfa, and “Carita de Inocente” by Prince Royce.
“Best Popular Song – Colombia”
- Nominee(s): “Tu Amante” by Yeison Jimenez, “Por una Aventura” by Nelson Gomez, “Se Te Nota” by Pipe Bueno and Jessi Uribe, “No Me Preguntes” by Paola Jara, and “Gracias a Ti” by Yeison Jimenez featuring Silvestre Dangond.
“Best Urban Song”
- Nominee(s): “Caramelo (Remix)” by Ozuna featuring Karol G and Myke Towers, “Hawai” by Maluma featuring The Weekend, “Relacion (Remix)” by Sech featuring Daddy Yankee, Farruko, J Balvin, and Rosalia, “La Toxica (Remix)” by Farruko featuring Jay Wheeler, Myke Towers, Sech and Tempo, and “Ay Dios Mio” by Karol G.
“Best Christian Song”
- Nominee(s): “Su Poder” by Miel San Marcos featuring Marcos Witt, “Viento Fresco” by Hillsong Worship featuring Hillsong en Español, “Dios asi lo Quiso” by Ricardo Montaner featuring Juan Luis Guerra, “Pienso en Ti” by Su Presencia and “Amen” by Ricardo Montaner featuring Camilo, Evaluna Montaner, and Mau y Ricky.
“Best Regional Mexican Song”
- Nominee(s): “Lo Que Nunca Sera” by La Adictiva, “Te Volveria a Elegir”by Calibre 50, “Cerrando Ciclos” by Banda MS de Sergio Lizarraga,“Dime como Quieres” Christian Nodal featuring Angela Aguilar, and “Aqui Abajo” by Christian Nodal.
“Best Bachata Song”
- Nominee(s): “Nuestro Amor” by Alex Bueno featuring Romero Santos, “Bebe” by Camilo featuring El Alfa, “Lotería” by Prince Royce, “Carita de Inocente” by Prince Royce, and “La Puertas del Cielo” de Manny Cruz featuring Anthony Santos.
“Best Female Artist of the Year”
- Nominee(s): Rosalía, Shakira, Natti Natasha, Karol G and Becky G.
“Best Male Artist of the Year”
- Nominee(s): Daddy Yankee, Myke Towers, J Balvin, Maluma and Ozuna.
This year, Deezer Monitor Music Awards welcome multiple Latin personalities to host the award show from the Dominican Republic, Mexico, Miami and Puerto Rico. Celebrity hosts include Alessandra Villegas, Daniel Sarco, Johnny Lozada, Lynda Vargas, Melina Leon, Rafael Valles and Sherlyn.
The Deezer Monitor Music Awards Show will take place Sunday, October 17, 2021, on Prime Time and will be broadcast through Univision’s network UniMás in the U.S., Televisa/Telehit in Mexico, the Albavision group and Claro TV in Latin America and the Caribbean, among others. This year’s show will broadcast mainly from the Paramount World Center in Miami, FL, with additional international broadcast stations from Coco Bongo in Punta Cana, Dominican Republic; the Hyatt Grand Regency in San Juan, Puerto Rico; and Guadalajara, Mexico.